[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EDT/-4.0/DST' instead
KlayGE forum • View topic - Planning of KlayGE 4.0

Planning of KlayGE 4.0

All news here

Moderator: cin

Planning of KlayGE 4.0

Postby gongminmin » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:47 am

From http://www.klayge.org/2011/07/19/klayge-4-0%e5%8a%9f%e8%83%bd%e8%a7%84%e5%88%92/

After the successfully cooperative development of KlayGE 3.12, it’s now running to the next major version 4.0! The main target of version 4.0 is not adding new features, but integrating and optimizing the exists stuffs to make the framework more efficient and practical. This version will be release at about December, 2011. Here’s the planning:

Changes of system reqiurements:

• A graphics card with Shader Model 4.0 support

Determined

These features are determined to release with KlayGE 4.0. They are all with no uncertainty.

Maybe

These features have uncertainty in implement, or with lower priority. Whether they are released with KlayGE 4.0 depend on time frame.

Will not

These stuffs will not released with KlayGE 4.0.
  • Editors
  • Complete documents

They are recored as tickets in trac. Feel free to check them there. Some features are not in the planning of 4.0 can also be found in the trac.
gongminmin

Re: Planning of KlayGE 4.0

Postby eiketinen » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 am

I am planning to implement the code: http://cg.alexandra.dk/publications/sslpv/

What do you think?
eiketinen

Postby gongminmin » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 am

Honestly, I don't like LPV's framework. The GI in KlayGE now is multi-resolution splatting indirect illumination. It can also be extended to SSS. I think it's a better solution for KlayGE 4.x.
I'm also exploring ways to speed other effects, such as SSAO, by using multi-resolution.
gongminmin

Postby eiketinen » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:16 am

I understand. Ok. I will research more about this.
I don't know if I can ask for you about this, but I would like to create a English site for the KlayGe. Because Chinese language is a little complicate. :)

I am working with the creating a virtual Machine like the Java VM, but I was making master degree in Computer graphics, and I pretend to continue again, but my time is little. While this, I would like to implement some things for the KlayGe, because for me, It is the best free engine until now.
eiketinen

Postby gongminmin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:19 am

Thanks very much for your support!
My site supports multi-language. But I don't translate every articles in English, sorry. Basically, I'll write more and more posts, including in blog and in wiki, in English. I'm not a English native speaker, so it'll be very helpful if you can have a look at them.

eiketinen wrote:I understand. Ok. I will research more about this.
I don't know if I can ask for you about this, but I would like to create a English site for the KlayGe. Because Chinese language is a little complicate. :)

I am working with the creating a virtual Machine like the Java VM, but I was making master degree in Computer graphics, and I pretend to continue again, but my time is little. While this, I would like to implement some things for the KlayGe, because for me, It is the best free engine until now.
gongminmin

Postby eiketinen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:58 am

Ok. So! No problem! I will
eiketinen

Return to News and announces