Kinect推出以后一直备受瞩目。在尝试Xbox 360的新功能之时，大家也一直在关心Kinect什么时候能用于Windows。现在Kinect for Windows SDK的官方网站终于上线了。
Coming later this spring, the Kinect for Windows SDK is a programming toolkit that will enable researchers and enthusiasts easy access to the capabilities offered by the Microsoft Kinect device connected to computers running Microsoft Windows 7.
With this SDK, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
- The latest advances in audio processing, which include a four-element microphone array with sophisticated acoustic noise and echo cancellation for crystal clear audio.
- Sound source localization for beamforming, which enables the determination of a sound’s spatial location, enhancing reliability when integrated with the Microsoft speech recognition API.
- Depth data, which provides the distance of an object from the Kinect camera, as well as the raw audio and image data, which together open up opportunities for creating richer natural user interface experiences.
- Highly performant and robust skeletal tracking capabilities for determining the body positions of one or two persons moving within the Kinect field of view.
- Documentation for the APIs and a description of the SDK architecture.
- Sample code that demonstrates how to use the functionality in the SDK.
This SDK is intended for non-commercial use to enable experimentation in the world of natural user interface experiences, with new state-of-the-art features planned for future releases that will continue to provide new ways to experiment.