KlayGE meets its release milestone, again. Today, KlayGE 4.7 is ready to release! In this version, some features are implemented by team members. Also, there are many users provide great suggestions and bug reports. Thanks again for your help. The highlight features of KlayGE 4.7 are:
Improvements in engine
- MacOSX as a full dev platform. In last version, compiling shaders still need to be done on Windows. Now it’s not necessary anymore. (Done by Kanglai Qian)
- Transient Buffer. Efficient GPU buffer management for speeding up UI and text rendering. (Done by Shenghua Lin)
- Hardware detection. In-engine hardware detection component. Retrieving information such as model and frequencies of main board and memory. (Done by Boxiang Pei)
- Automatic testing framework. A simple framework for testing some components.
- High speed BC7 compressor.
- Integrate SSSSS into deferred framework.
- Tesellation shader in OpenGL.
Improvements in engineering
- Migrated to git.
- Improves the management 3rd party libraries and resource files.
- VC14 support.
- Remove the support of old platforms.
Improvements in mobile
- Port to iOS. It’s able to run on some iOS devices. (Done by Kanglai Qian)
- Fine tune on D3D11 feature level 9.3.
- Supports OpenGLES 3.0 on ANGLE. (Assisted by Pengcheng Dong)
- Multiple bug fixed
KlayGE 4.7 is still in dual licensing: A open source license GPL and a proprietary one KlayGE Proprietary License (KPL). Details in Licensing.
You can download KlayGE 4.7 here.