Happy holidays and new year. KlayGE meets its release milestone, again. Today, KlayGE 4.8 is ready to release! In this version, some features are implemented by team members. Also, there are many users provide great suggestions and bug reports. Thanks again for your help. The highlight features of KlayGE 4.8 are:
Improvements in engine
- D3D12 plugin。
- Async resource creation for simplifying the code of resource loading.
- Adds a sync primitive between CPU and GPU.
- Supports texture array in OpenGL and OpenGLES plugins.
- Faster reflection rendering.
- SIMD math library. Extends the math library into a SIMD implementation. (Done by Zhichao Liu and Chengdan Ni)
- Refactor the workflow of shader compiling. (Assisted by Kanglai Qian)
- Adds a sample for using audio engine.
Improvements in engineering
- Keep improving engineering system.
- Adapt to C++11.
- Remove supporting of some old compilers.
- Improve the performance on OSX. (Done by Kanglai Qian)
Improvements in mobile
- Reduce memory consumption.
- UWP supports, works on Win10 and Win10 mobile.
- Supports the latest GLES 3.2.
- Enables sRGB on GLES plugin for better image quality.
- Supports Android 5.1. (Done by Kanglai Qian)
- Multiple bug fixed and performance tuning.
KlayGE 4.8 is still in dual licensing: A open source license GPL and a proprietary one KlayGE Proprietary License (KPL). Details in Licensing.
You can download KlayGE 4.8 here.